About Us

Our History

Our organisation was formed in 1993 by a small group of local residents who intended to take action relating to some of the problems that their community was facing.  They based their operations in the flats in Peacock Street and while they were there they managed to obtain the services of a Community Youth Worker.

They soon realised that their current centre for operations was unsuitable and so they rented a room in the Pallion Residents Association; this is when they started to accept membership to the group and acquired the services of an Admin Worker and Youth Leader and ran a Youth Club in St Luke’s Church.

The building that was in the current location of PAG, a former Pallion Institute erected in 1893 for local people to better themselves, was rented at first and then funding was sought and obtained from sources including One North East and SRB5 to allow us to purchase and rebuild.

Back To Top